Bimatoprost eye drops are used to treat certain conditions of the eyes like open-angle and ocular hypertension.
These diseases can occur in many people as they age. Glaucoma can be caused by excessive pressure in the eye.
This can cause pain in the eye, which can then lead to vision damage. This medicine will reduce the stress in your eyes and stop eye pain.
One can also use Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution to treat hypotrichosis, or not enough eyelashes, by increasing their growth rate and making them longer, thicker and darker.
One can only obtain this medicine with a prescription from your doctor.
Before Using Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution
It would be best to weigh the benefits and risks when deciding whether to take a medicine. With your doctor, you will make this decision together.
Here are a few things to keep in mind before making a purchasing decision:
Tell your doctor if you have ever experienced an allergic reaction to any medicine or other medication. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to foods, dyes, or preservatives. Non-prescription products: Read the package or label carefully.
Studies on the effect of bimatoprost in treating open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension in children have not been done. The safety and efficacy of bimatoprost have not been established.
Studies on the effect of bimatoprost on eyelash growth in children have not been done. The safety and efficacy of bimatoprost for eyelash growth in children have not been proven.
Bimatoprost is not recommended for children or teenagers under 16 years old to treat open-angle hypertension or open-angle glaucoma.
The effectiveness of bimatoprost for the elderly has not been shown in any relevant studies.
Drug Interactions with Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution
While some medicines should never be combined, there are instances when one can use two drugs together.
In these cases, your doctor may advise you to alter your medication’s dosage or take other measures to protect your health.
Tell your healthcare provider if you’re taking any prescription (or non-prescription) or over-the-counter (OTC) medication.
One shouldn’t take some medicines with food or at the same time as certain foods. Interactions may occur. Exchanges can also occur when certain medicines are used with alcohol or tobacco. Talk to your healthcare provider about the interaction between medicine, food, alcohol, or tobacco.
Other Medical Problems
One may not use this medicine if you have any other medical conditions. Inform your physician if you have any symptoms of a medical condition.
Patients with certain types of glaucoma (angle-closure, inflammatory or neovascular) should not be treated. One should discuss these conditions with your doctor.
Cornea transplant (e.g., Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty, (DSAEK), recently or
Eye infection, suspected or active
Eye disease (e.g., iritis or uveitis), past of–Use caution. Bimatoprost may make some eye conditions worse.
You should be cautious if you experience loss of the eye’s lens or torn lenses. Macular edema may be more common in those with macular degeneration.
How to use Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution?
Only use this medicine like: Careprost Eye Drop as directed. Do not use this medication unless your doctor has prescribed it to you.
Durysta(tm), administered by a healthcare professional at a hospital or clinic, should be administered to the patient. This medicine is administered as an injection directly into your eye.
If your doctor has ordered two different eye medications must be used in conjunction. Wait at least five minutes before applying for the medicines. This will prevent the second medication from “washing out the first.”
Soft contact lenses can absorb and irritate the preservative in these eye medications. Before you use bimatoprost, remove soft contact lenses. After taking the drug, one can put the lenses back in your eye for up to 15 minutes.
To use eye drops:
- To ensure proper drop control, the bottle should only be half full.
- Wash your hands first. To create a space, tilt your head back. This is where you should place the medicine. Release the eyelids and close your eyes gently. Keep your eyes closed. To allow the medication to reach the eye, keep your eyes closed for at least 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use a clean, dry tissue to remove any solution from the eye. It is best to avoid touching the eyeballs with your fingers.
- You can try again if you have not received the medicine in your eyes correctly.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying the eye drops to get rid of any medication.
- Latisse(tm), a solution to eyelash growth
- Before you use this medication, make sure you clean your face and get rid of any contact lenses.
- Before and after you use this medication, always wash your hands.
- Use a disposable sterile application to apply one drop of the solution along the upper eyelid margin near the base of your eyelashes.
- Use a tissue or absorbent cloth to remove any solution from the eyes.
- Use a new applicator to apply the same procedure to the other eyelid margin.
- Apply for this medicine only to the lower eyelashes.
- Keep the medicine germ-free by not touching the tip of the applicator on any surface, including the eye. Keep the container closed. Using contaminated eye medications can cause severe damage to the eyes and possibly loss of vision.
- This medicine includes a patient information insert. It is imperative that you read and adhere to each step in this process. Consult your physician if you have any concerns or queries.
Only use the medicine your doctor has prescribed. Different brands might not work in the same way.
What is the Dose of the Eye Drops?
The drug like Careprost 0.03% Eye Dropscan be used in different dosages for different patients. Take the medication as directed by the manufacturer’s instructions or the advice of your physician.
This information only covers the average amounts. If your doctor has recommended a drug change, do not deviate from that plan.
The amount of medication you should take will be determined by the medicine’s potency.Dosage, interval between doses and duration of medicine will all be affected by the severity of your medical condition.
For ophthalmic dosage form (eye drops): Hypertension or glaucoma of the eyes:
Adults and teens: One drop per eye, once daily in the evening.
Use is not recommended for children under 16 years old or teens.
Adults: Apply one drop to the upper eyelids each night.
Medications for children should be prescribed by a physician.
Missed Dose of Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution
Do not miss any doses of this medicine. You should apply it immediately. If it is near the time for your next dose of this medicine, skip the missed dose.
As a substitute, return to your normal dosage regiment.
Side Effectsof Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution
- A medicine can have unwanted side effects in addition to its intended outcomes.
- These side effects can be mild or severe, but one should report them to the doctor immediately.
- Do not hesitate to contact your doctor should you experience any of these side effects.
- Bloody Eyes
- Vision Blurred Or Reduced
- ColorVision Can Change
- ColorChanges Around The Eyes
- Night Vision Problems
- Disturbed Color Perception
- Double Vision
- Dry Eyes
- Eye Color Changes
- Fever Or Chills
- Halos Around Lights
- Manipulation Or Loss Of Strength
- Vision Loss
- Night Blindness
- OverbrightnessOf Lights
- Redness, Burning, Dry Or Itching Eyes
- Redness, Pain, Swelling, And Reddening Of The Eyelids Or Inner Linings Of The Eyes Can Occur.
- Tunnel Vision
There may be side effects that are not usually serious and should not require medical attention.
As your body becomes used to the medication, these adverse effects should go away.
Your health care professional might be able to advise you on ways to reduce or prevent some of these side effects.
If any of these side effects persist or become bothersome, or if you have questions about them, talk to your doctor.
- Aches or pains in the body
- Trouble breathing
- Ear congestion
- Loss of voice
- nasal congestion
- Redness in the white area of the eyes or the inside of the eyelids
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Less commonly
- Darkening the eyelashes
- Eye discharge or excessive tears
- Eye strain
- As though something is catching your eye.
- Hair growth increases
- Sensitivity to sunlight has increased
Side effects that are not listed may be experienced by some patients. You should consult your healthcare professional if you share any other side effects.
You can buy your Generic Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution at best prices from online Indian Pharmacy Store at affordable prices.